Friday, September 3, 2010

Welcome to An Emt’s Blog

Online EMT and Paramedic Practice Exams

Welcome to An Emt’s Blog. It seems like most blogs start off the same lame way. Well, I guess I’m not that much different. I do have a few things to tell you about before I really start blogging. I have several reasons for writing this blog. Many of them you’ve heard before.

The first reason is a selfish one. I need an outlet to express some of the things I go through. I also think there is a lot of humor out there people will enjoy. I know many of you are in school or are considering EMT training. You might find the stories here helpful so you can know what to expect, or use them in a training scenario.

In the future I will provide free EMT training scenarios on this site. These will help you practice and study in your emergency medical technician classes.

Now for a disclaimer. A career in EMS provides a lot to write about, but I do need to be careful. To protect myself and my patients, I will be leaving out a lot of details. I will not be exposing my identity. I will not be giving details of the location where I work, or the company/county I work for. I will provide no details of a patient’s identity. Many of the stories I tell here will be fictionalized. I will present them as fiction or “mostly fiction” so I can protect myself and them. All stories will have a disclaimer at the top expressing this.

Why am I telling you this? There is a federal law called HIPPA. One of the purposes of HIPPA is to protect a patient’s privacy. I will tell you that I consider myself a big patient advocate. Even without HIPPA I would do my best to protect patient privacy. Click Here to learn more about HIPPA.

Now that I have all of this out of the way the rest of my posts can be fun and or educational. I hope you enjoy it.

Are you in an EMT training course? Here are some Online EMT and Paramedic Practice Tests

Do you want to be an EMT? Click Here to find an EMT training course near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment